From: Kevin Olbrich <ko@xxxxxxx>
Date: 11/25/16 19:19 (GMT+05:30)
To: ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Ceph performance laggy (requests blocked > 32) on OpenStack

Hi,

we are running 80 VMs using KVM in OpenStack via RBD in Ceph Jewel on a total of 53 disks (RAID parity already excluded).
Our nodes are using Intel P3700 DC-SSDs for journaling.

Most VMs are linux based and load is low to medium. There are also about 10 VMs running Windows 2012R2, two of them run remote services (terminal).

My question is: Are 80 VMs hosted on 53 disks (mostly 7.2k SATA) to much? We sometime experience lags where nearly all servers suffer from "blocked IO > 32" seconds.

What are your experiences?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards,
Kevin Olbrich.

This electronic message contains information from Mycom which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or any other use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by post or telephone (to the numbers or correspondence address above) or by email (at the email address above) immediately.