"Lost" buckets on radosgw

Hi,

MSI has an erasure coded ceph pool accessible by the radosgw interface.    We recently upgraded to Jewel from Hammer.   Several days ago, we experienced issues with a couple of the rados gateway servers and inadvertently deployed older Hammer versions of the radosgw instances.   This configuration was running for a couple of days.   We removed the Hammer versions and re-deployed the Jewel versions of the radosgw.    S3cmd querying of some of the buckets are now reporting 'NoSuchKey'.   This seems to have started when the Hammer versions were deployed and this is now persistent.   While radosgw-admin seems to know about the bucket, checks on the buckets itself now fail:

# radosgw-admin bucket list --uid=jmcdonal
[
    "bigbucket",
    "hpmesabiinfo",
    "jmarchive",
    "jmcdon",
    "jmcdonal",
    "jmcdontest3",
    "jmtestbigfiles",
    "laptopbackup",
    "mesabihpsite",
    "msisoftware",
    "tcga"
]
# radosgw-admin bucket check --check-head-obj-locator --bucket=jmarchive
ERROR: store->list_objects(): (2) No such file or directory

It seems like some metadata about the buckets or objects has been lost, is there a way to recover the bucket?

I searched through the archives but didn't find anything exactly like this.  Please point me to the documentation if this has been seen before.

Thanks,
Jeff

--
Jeffrey McDonald, PhD