Re: cephfs mds failing to respond to capability release

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 3:15 PM, Webert de Souza Lima
<webert.boss@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi,
>
> I have many clusters running cephfs, and in the last 45 days or so, 2 of
> them started giving me the following message in ceph health:
> mds0: Client dc1-mx02-fe02:guest failing to respond to capability release
>
> When this happens, cephfs stops responding. It will only get back after I
> restart the failing mds.
>
> Algo, I get the following logs from ceph.log
> https://paste.debian.net/896236/
>
> There was no change made that I can relate to this and I can't figure out
> what is happening.

I have the usual questions: what ceph versions, what clients etc
(http://docs.ceph.com/docs/jewel/cephfs/early-adopters/#reporting-issues)

Clients failing to respond to capability release are either buggy (old
kernels?) or it's also possible that you have a workload that is
holding an excessive number of files open.

Cheers,
John