Re: hammer on xenial

hi :
you can google apt-mark
apt-mark hold PACKAGENAME

Date:  Wed, Nov 16, 2016 04:05 PM
To:  "CEPH list"<ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
Subject:  [ceph-users] hammer on xenial

Hello,

we started upgrading ubuntu on our ceph nodes to Xenial and had to see that during
the upgrade ceph automatically was upgraded from hammer to jewel also.

Because we don't want to upgrade ceph and the OS at the same time we deinstalled
the ceph jewel components reactivated /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ceph.list with

deb http://ceph.com/debian-hammer/ xenial main

and pinned the ceph relaese to install in /etc/apt/preferences/ceph.pref

Package: *
Pin: version 0.94*
Pin: origin ceph.com
Pin-Priority: 999

Now after restarting the node the ceph daemons are not active and can't be started
by /etc/init.d/ceph.

It seems that this is caused by the missing systemd unit files for the mon and osd's
in /lib/systemd/system/.

What would be the right way to fix this?
Maybe we could use the target and service files from
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/tree/master/systemd
but we don't know how to use it manually.

And is there a way to upgrade Ubuntu with avoiding the ceph upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

Steffen

--
Klinik-Service Neubrandenburg GmbH