ceph-mon not starting on system startup (Ubuntu 16.04 / systemd)

Hi,

I have a problem that my ceph-mon isn't getting started when my machine
boots; the OSDs start up just fine. Checking logs, there's no sign of
systemd making any attempt to start it, although it is seemingly enabled:

root@sto-1-1:~# systemctl status ceph-mon@sto-1-1
● ceph-mon@sto-1-1.service - Ceph cluster monitor daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/ceph-mon@.service; enabled;
vendor preset
   Active: inactive (dead)

I see a thread on this issue in the list archives from May, but no sign
of what the eventual solution was...

If it matters, I'm deploying Jewel using ceph-ansible (
https://github.com/ceph/ceph-ansible ); that does (amongst other things)
systemctl enable ceph-mon@sto-1-1

Thanks,

Matthew