Re: [EXTERNAL] Big problems encoutered during upgrade from hammer 0.94.5 to jewel 10.2.3

Hi Vincent,

When I did a similar upgrade I found that having mixed version OSDs caused issues much like yours. My advice to you is to power through the upgrade as fast as possible. Pretty sure this is related to an issue/bug discussed here previously around excessive load on the monitors in mixed version environments.

I found that restarting a monitor after taking an OSD node down helped the cluster to ID down OSDs faster reducing the amount of blocked IO reported by clients.