Renaming rgw pools

I've recently undergone an upgrade from Hammer to Jewel migrating from federated to multi-site, and I note that naming conventions have changed for rgw pools (names changed, leading periods dropped etc.)  I was hoping to update my pools to mirror these new conventions; conventions become assumptions, things break etc - I'm a pragmatist!

What I have discovered however is that metadata and bucket objects in .zone.domain.rgw (the old zone.rgw.data.root) contain hard coded references to the old .zone.rgw.buckets and .zone.rgw.buckets.index and cause things to break horribly when I rename those.

Is there a way to rebuild these objects to handle a pool rename?  Failing that I'm happy as long as support for old .zone style names will never de dropped :)

Cheers Si

DataCentred Limited registered in England and Wales no. 05611763