Re: Antw: Re: reliable monitor restarts

> Op 25 oktober 2016 om 18:24 schreef Steffen Weißgerber <WeissgerberS@xxxxxxx>:
>

> Hi,
>
> thank you for answering.

> Oktober 2016
> um 17:31:
> > What do the logs of the monitor service say? Increase their
> verbosity
> > and check the logs at the time of the crash. Are you doing any sort
> of
> > monitoring on the nodes such that you can forensically check what
> the
> > system was up to prior to the crash?
> >

> I'll do this. In normal logging it's only logging that new election is
> initiated.
>
> At the moment we are in the situation, that the system disk of one
> monitor host is read only
> due to disk failure (a buggy sata dom, that we will change).

Warning! Although Monitors do not require a lot of storage nor performance they DO require RELIABLE storage. A SATADOM is NOT reliable. Sorry for the caps, but I'm trying to prevent a disaster here.

Please, buy a datacenter grade SSD like the Intel S3710 or Samsung SM836 for your Monitors. If the storage underneath them starts to fail you have a serious problem. If you loose all your monitors you effectively loose your cluster.

Wido