Re: Surviving a ceph cluster outage: the hard way

Thanks Kostis, great read.

We also had a Ceph disaster back in August and a lot of this experience looked familiar.  Sadly, in the end we were not able to recover our cluster but glad to hear that you were successful.

LevelDB corruptions were one of our big problems.  Your note below about running RepairDB from Python is interesting.  At the time we were looking for a Ceph tool to run LevelDB repairs in order to get our OSDs back up and couldn't find one.  I felt like this is something that should be in the standard toolkit.

Would be great to see this added some day, but in the meantime I will remember this option exists.  If you still have the Python script, perhaps you could post it as an example?

Thanks!

-- Dan