Re: reliable monitor restarts

> Op 21 oktober 2016 om 21:31 schreef Steffen Weißgerber <weissgerbers@xxxxxxx>:
>

> Hello,
>
> we're running a 6 node ceph cluster with 3 mons on Ubuntu (14.04.4).
>
> Sometimes it happen's that the mon services die and have to restarted
> manually.

That they die is not the thing which should happen! MONs are usually very stable. Having them crash is odd and slightly scary.

> To have reliable service restarts I normally use D.J. Bernsteins deamontools
> on other Linux distributions. Until now I never did this on Ubuntu.
>
> Is there a comparable way to configure such a watcher on services on Ubuntu
> (i.e. under systemd)?

You can run them under upstart which is supported by Ubuntu and Ceph, the upstart files are in the ceph packages.

I'd however double-check WHY they crash. Which Ceph version?

Wido