Re: Crash in ceph_read_iter->__free_pages due to null page

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 5:01 PM, Markus Blank-Burian <burian@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there any update regarding this bug?

Nikolay's patch made mainline yesterday and should show up in various
stable kernels in the forthcoming weeks.

> I can easily reproduce this issue on our cluster with the following
> scenario:
> - Start a few hundred processes on different nodes, each process writing
> slowly some text into its own output file
> - Call: watch -n1 'grep mycustomerrorstring *.out'
> - Hit CTRL+C (crashes the machine not always, but on a regular basis)
>
> We are using a 4.4.25 kernel with some additional ceph patches borrowed from
> newer kernel releases.

Borrow

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=0d7718f666be181fda1ba2d08f137d87c1419347

and you will be set ;)