Re: new Open Source Ceph based iSCSI SAN project

Hi Maged,

Thanks for the announcement - good luck with the project!
One comment...

On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 13:37:29 +0200, Maged Mokhtar wrote:

> if you are refering to clustering reservations through VAAI. We are using
> upstream code from SUSE Enterprise Storage which adds clustered support for
> VAAI (compare and write, write same) in the kernel as well as in ceph
> (implemented as atomic  osd operations). We have tested VMware HA and
> vMotion and they work fine. We have a guide you can download on this use
> case.

Just so there's no ambiguity here, the vast majority of the clustered
compare-and-write and write-same implementation was done by Mike
Christie from Red Hat.

Cheers, David