Re: Ceph + VMWare

Hi Patrick,

we are currently trying to get ceph running with it for a customer. (
Means our stuff = cephfs, customer stuff = vmware on ONE ceph cluster ).

Unluckily iscsi sucks ( ohne OSD fails = iscsi lock -> need restart
iscsi daemon on ceph servers ).

NFS sucks ( no natural HA )

So if you can get it run with a vmware plugin ( just like for example
ScaleIO ) there are some people out there who might want to marry you :-)

------

To your questions:

1) See below

2) 10 TB for vmware

3) 10 TB each year, impossible to give here clear numbers, since there
is currently no clean way for vmware + ceph. If it would work ( reliable
), numbers would explode for sure.

4) native = perfect, iscsi = OK

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards

Oliver Dzombic
IP-Interactive

mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anschrift:

IP Interactive UG ( haftungsbeschraenkt )
Zum Sonnenberg 1-3
63571 Gelnhausen

HRB 93402 beim Amtsgericht Hanau
Geschäftsführung: Oliver Dzombic