Re: What's the current status of rbd_recover_tool ?

It definitely isn't actively maintained. It was contributed nearly two
years ago for a worst-case recovery when the Ceph cluster itself
cannot be started but all the individual data objects are still
readily available.

For RBD disaster recovery, I would suggest taking a look at RBD
mirroring support [1].

[1] http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rbd/rbd-mirroring/

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 3:45 AM, Bartłomiej Święcki
<bartlomiej.swiecki@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently checking the possibility of rbd image export in a disaster
> recovery scenario.
> I've found rbd-recovery-tool
> (https://github.com/ceph/ceph/tree/master/src/tools/rbd_recover_tool)
> which looks promising. However I couldn't make it work even with 0.80.9.
>
> Do you know what's the status of this tool and if there are any plans to
> gain support for newer ceph versions?
>
> Thanks,
> Bartek

Jason