Re: Blog post about Ceph cache tiers - feedback welcome

Hi Sascha,

Good article, you might want to add a small section about these two variables

osd_agent_max_high_ops
osd_agent_max_ops

They control how many concurrent flushes happen at the high/low thresholds. Ie you can set the low one to 1 to minimise the impact
on client IO.

Also the target_max_bytes is calculated on a per PG basis, so the value is divided across PG's. As data distribution is not equal
across all PG's you can get into a situation where you are getting cache full warnings, even though the total cache utilisation is
below the target_max_bytes, so leave it plenty of headroom.

Nick