Re: unfound objects blocking cluster, need help!

Forgot to mention Ceph version - 0.94.5.

I managed to fix this. By chance I found that when an OSD for a blocked PG is starting, there is a few-second time window (after load_pgs) in which it accepts commands related to the blocked PG. So first I managed to capture "ceph pg PGID query" this way. Then I tried to issue "ceph pg missing_lost delete" and it worked too. After deleting all unfound objects this way cluster finally unblocked. Before that I exported all blocked PGs so hopefully I will be able to recover those 17 objects to a near-latest state.

Hope this helps anyone who might run into the same problem.

Hi,

I have a production cluster on which 1 OSD on a failing disk was slowing the whole cluster down. I removed the OSD (osd.87) like usual in such case but this time it resulted in 17 unfound objects. I no longer have the files from osd.87. I was able to call "ceph pg PGID mark_unfound_lost delete" on 10 of those objects.

On the remaining objects 7 the command blocks. When I try to do "ceph pg  PGID query" on this PG it also blocks. I suspect this is same reason why mark_unfound blocks.

Other client IO to PGs that have unfound objects are also blocked. When trying to query the OSDs which has the PG with unfound objects, "ceph tell" blocks.

I tried to mark the PG as complete using ceph-objectstore-tool but it did not help as the PG is in fact complete but for some reason blocks.

I tried recreating an empty osd.87 and importing the PG exported from other replica but it did not help.

Can someone help me please? This is really important.

--
Pozdrawiam,
Tomasz Kuzemko