Down monitors after adding mds node

Hello all,

Not sure if this went through before or not, as I can't check the
mailing list archives.

I've gotten myself into a bit of a bind. I was prepping to add a new
mds node to my ceph cluster. e.g. ceph-deploy mds create mormo

Unfortunately, it started the mds server before I was ready. My
cluster was running 10.2.1, and the newly deployed mds is 10.2.3.

This caused 3 of my 5 monitors to crash. Since I immediately realized
the mds was a newer version, I took that opportunity to upgrade my
monitors to 10.2.3. Three of the 5 monitors continue to crash. And it
looks like they are crashing when trying to apply a pending mdsmap
update.

The log is available here:
http://people.cis.ksu.edu/~mozes/hobbit01.mon-20160930.log.gz

I have attempted (making backups of course) to extract the monmap from
a working monitor and inserting it into a broken one. No luck, and
backup was restored.

Since I had 2 working monitors, I backed up the monitor stores,
updated the monmaps to remove the broken ones and tried to restart
them. I then tried to restart the "working" ones. They then failed in
the same way. I've now restored my backups of those monitors.

I need to get these monitors back up post-haste.

If you've got any ideas, I would be grateful.

--
Adam