Interested in Ceph, but have performance questions

Greetings new world of Ceph,

Long story short, at work we perform high throughput volumetric imaging and create a decent chunk of data per machine. We are about to bring the next generation of our system online and the IO requirements will outpace our current storage solution (jbod using zfs on Linux). We are currently searching for a template-able scale out solution that we can add as we bring each new system online starting in a few months. There are several quotes floating around from all of the big players, but the buy in on hardware and software is unsettling as they are a hefty chunk of change.

The current performance we are currently estimating is per machine:
- simultaneous 30Gbps read and 30Gbps write
- 180 TB capacity (roughly a two day buffer into a public cloud)

So our question is: are these types of performances possible using Ceph? I haven't found any benchmarks of this nature beyond
https://www.mellanox.com/related-docs/whitepapers/WP_Deploying_Ceph_over_High_Performance_Networks.pdf
Which claims 150GB/s? I think perhaps they meant 150Gb/s (150 1Gbps clients).

Cheers,
Gerald Spencer