Transitioning existing native CephFS cluster to OpenStack Manila

Hi all,

We currently have a CephFS cluster dedicated to a single user running
an HPC cluster. The client machines use a single keyring which
accesses the whole cephfs filesystem (i.e. there are no mds prefix or
namespace limitations in their client caps).

We want to transition this user (and the cluster) to OpenStack Manila,
using the CephFS Native driver. So we're wondering what would be the
best way to make this transition. I think we have these options:

1. Create a new fs for Manila, give the HPC users Manila quota then
let them migrate their data and mounts. I'm not sure if multi-fs is
stable in 10.2.3 ??

2. Configure Manila to use the existing fs, with Manila data ending up
in the /volumes directory. HPC users would again create a new Manila
share and migrate their data. This would be easier and is for sure
stable -- but it's not clear to me if the Manila share namespaces
would break the existing native usage of the HPC machines.

We'd prefer (2), but just wanted to check if there is something we missed.

Best Regards,

Dan van der Ster
CERN IT