Re: Is it possible to recover the data of which all replicas are lost?

On 27. sep. 2016 13:29, xxhdx1985126 wrote:
Hi, everyone.

I've got a problem, here. Due to some miss operations, I deleted all
three replicas of my data, is there any way to recover it?
This is a very urgent problem.

Please help me, Thanks.

you do not give any details on how you deleted the data, so i am assuming a lot.

But if you pulled 3 disks at the same time, and the disks are working. you can connect and mount the disks, and use the ceph-objectstore-tool to export a pg to a datafile, and then run thetool again to import it to a fresh emppty osd.

this older writeup gives an overview of the process. keep in mind the tool have changed name as is part of the default install

http://ceph.com/community/incomplete-pgs-oh-my/

if you actually deleted the pg's off the disks, or the disks are dead. Then you need to stop writing to those osd's and use some kind of file recovery tool or service. and then as step 2 use the tool above to get the objects back onto the cluster.

i would start by marking the 3 osds's out, so no more writes take place. and then and stop them as soon as possible, (you do not want to make the problem worse)

then stop the osd's and try some file recovery tools, or send the disks to someone like ibas https://www.krollontrack.com/ if they are dead. keep in mind you need the xattr information as well in order to get the functioning objects back.

once you have the file structure in place you use the ceph-objectstore-tool to export /import to a working osd.

good luck
Ronny Aasen