Re: Ceph with Cache pool - disk usage / cleanup

Hi Burkhard,

thanks a lot for the quick response.

Am 28.09.2016 um 14:15 schrieb Burkhard Linke:
> someone correct me if I'm wrong, but removing objects in a cache tier
> setup result in empty objects which acts as markers for deleting the
> object on the backing store.. I've seen the same pattern you have
> described in the past.

Hm, but why do I still have a lot of those objects in the backing pool
with the same pattern? I mean if the marker object in the cache pool
stays (ie. due to an issue during deleting in the backing pool) why do I
have 0-bytes in the backing pool and also have the "file not found"
while stating / rm'ing on the backing pool? How do I cleanup the backing
pool?

> As a test you can try to evict all objects from the cache pool. This
> should trigger the actual removal of pending objects.

Hm, evicting our cache pool would take several hours if not even days -
In the meantime the OpenStack would not be useable. Is there any way we
could do that "asynchronously" without a complete downtime? Also, as the
used space is constantly growing without, this would have to be done
every few weeks?

Greetings
-Sascha-