Re: How to maintain cluster properly (Part2)

Thanks for your suggestions, but I managed it without removing OSDs.

Coming back to the office today I found ceph still in error state, but the number of inconsistent PGs seemed to be stable at 22. So I started all over with the manual repair (grepped log files for PG, searched the respective data in the healthy OSDs, removed faulty PGs or touched missing data files, then ran ceph pg repair again) and one after another came back to active + clean state.

Maybe I should note that we're running only with a replication size of 2, I believe this caused one of the problems as ceph didn't know from which OSD it should recover missing data. Please correct me if I'm wrong. For production use we should probably increase to a rep size of 3, I guess.

Regards
Eugen

Zitat von lyt_yudi <lyt_yudi@xxxxxxxxxx>:

在 2016年9月26日,下午10:44,Eugen Block <eblock@xxxxxx> 写道:

What I have tried is to manually repair single PGs as described in [1]. But some of the broken PGs have no entries in the log file so I don't have anything to look at. In case there is one object in one OSD but is missing in the other. how do I get that copied back there? Everything I've tried so far didn't accomplish anything except the decreasing number of scrub errors, but they are increasing again, so no success at all.

met before in my case, no error in the log too,

like this back to normal:

1. offline the OSD(with inconsistent pgid in the osd) and marked as out, waiting for the completion of data synchronization, and then delete the OSD

2. manual repair again, waiting for a period of time, the cluster can be returned to normal

3. in the end, then re join the deletion of the OSD.

Good Luck!

--
Eugen Block                             voice   : +49-40-559 51 75
NDE Netzdesign und -entwicklung AG      fax     : +49-40-559 51 77

        Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Angelika Mozdzen
          Sitz und Registergericht: Hamburg, HRB 90934
                  Vorstand: Jens-U. Mozdzen
                   USt-IdNr. DE 814 013 983