Re: CephFS metadata pool size

800TB of NVMe?  That sounds wonderful!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryan Leimenstoll" <rleimens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "ceph new" <ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2016 5:37:08 PM
Subject:  CephFS metadata pool size

Hi all,

We are in the process of expanding our current Ceph deployment (Jewel, 10.2.2) to incorporate CephFS for fast, network attached scratch storage. We are looking to have the metadata pool exist entirely on SSDs (or NVMe), however I am not sure how big to expect this pool to grow to. Is there any good rule of thumb or guidance to getting an estimate on this before purchasing hardware? We are expecting upwards of 800T usable capacity at the start.

Thanks for any insight!

Ryan Leimenstoll
rleimens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
University of Maryland Institute for Advanced Computer Studies