Re: rgw bucket index manual copy

Hi Ben,

Since the 'Jewel' RadosGW supports blind buckets.
To enable blind buckets configuration I used:

radosgw-admin zone get --rgw-zone=default > default-zone.json
#change index_type from 0 to 1
vi default-zone.json
radosgw-admin zone set --rgw-zone=default --infile default-zone.json

To apply changes you have to restart all the RGW daemons. Then all newly created buckets will not have index (bucket list will provide empty output), but GET\PUT works perfectly.
In my tests there is no performance difference between SSD-backed indexes and 'blind bucket' configuration.

Stas