radosgw bucket name performance

Hi,

Regarding to Amazon S3 documentation, it is advised to insert a bit of random chars in the bucket name in order to gain performance. This is related to how Amazon store key names. It looks like they store an index of object key names in each region.

http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/dev/request-rate-perf-considerations.html#workloads-with-mix-request-types

My question is: is this also a good practice in a ceph cluster where all the nodes are in the same datacenter? It is relevant in ceph the name of the bucket to gain more performance? I think it's not, because all the data is spread in the placement groups all over the osd nodes, no matter what bucket name he got. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks in advance.

--
Félix Barbeira.