Re: Help on RGW NFS function

Hi,

----- Original Message -----

NFSv4 only initially (but NFS3 support just added on master).  The I/O model is simplified.  Objects in RGW cannot be mutated in place, and the NFS client always overwrites.  Clients are currently expected to write sequentually from offset 0--on Linux, you should mount with -osync.

The RGW/S3 namespace is an emulation of a posix one using substring search, so we impose some limitations.  You cannot move directories, is one.  There are likely be published limits on bucket/object listing.

Some bugfixes are still in backport to Jewel.  That release supports NFSv4 and not NFS3.

> 2. How stable is the RGW nfs?

Some features are still being backported to Jewel.  I've submitted one important bugfix on master this week.  We are aiming for "general usability" in over the next 1-2 months (NFSv4).

> 3. RGW nfs latest version can be used in a production environment yet?

If you're conservative, it's probably not "ready."  Now would be a good time to experiment with the feature and see whether it is potentially useful to you.

Matt

> Please reply to my question as soon as possible. Very grateful, thank you!
>
> plato.xie

Matt Benjamin
Red Hat, Inc.
315 West Huron Street, Suite 140A