Network testing tool.

Dear all,

Often issues arise with badly configured network switches, vlans, and
such like. Knowing each node routes to is a major deployment fail and
can be difficult to diagnose.

The brief looks like this:

  * Diagnose network issues quickly for ceph.
  * Identify network issues before deploying ceph.

A typical deployment will have 2 networks and potentially 3.

  * External network for client access.
  * Internal network for data replication. (Strongly recommended)
  * Administration network. (Optional)

Typically we will have salt available on all nodes, but it would be the
same for ansible or an other config management solution.

  * This will make injection of IP addresses and hosts trivial.

Before I go any further with developing a solution, does anyone know of
a pre made solution, that will avoid me writing much code, or ideally
any code.

So far I have only found tools for testing connectivity between 1 point
and another, not for testing 1:N or N:N.

If I must write such a tool my self, I imagine the roadmap to start with
just ping, and then expand form here, with commands such as iperf, port
range test etc.

All suggestions are welcome particularly tools that save time.
dependency on puppet has already ruled out one solution.

Best regards

Owen Synge