Re: Memory leak with latest ceph code

On 09/08/2016 09:47 AM, Wangzhiyuan wrote:
Hi guys

I am testing the performance of blue store backend on PCIE SSD with ceph jewel 10.2.2 and I found that the 4K random write performance is bad because of large write amplification.

After I got some recently change log which related to this issue. I upgrade to the latest code, and I was so surprised that the performance was much better. But there is an issue that the memory is out after running tens of minutes. Does anyone have idea about the issue. I know the code is not stable, but I eager for great performance.

How old is your master pull? PR #11011 just got merged this morning that should improve memory usage dramatically, but there might still be issues (just not as bad).

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/11011

Also, you might see rocksdb stalls with small random writes. If so, try setting bluefs_buffered_io to true. We're still figuring out how to deal with it so it might not be necessary in the long run.

Mark

Thanks a lot
Email Disclaimer & Confidentiality Notice
This message is confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you should not deliver, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system. Copyright © 2016 by Istuary Innovation Labs, Inc. All rights reserved.