Re: ceph journal system vs filesystem journal system

> Hi all.
>
> I'm very confused about ceph journal system
>
> Some people said ceph journal system works like linux journal filesystem.
>
> Also some people said all data are written journal first and then written to
> OSD data.
>
> Journal of Ceph storage also write just metadata of object or write all data
> of object?
>
> Which is right?

data writen to osd first will write to osd journal through dio, and
then submit to objectstore,
that will improve the small file write performance bc the journal
write is sequential not random,
and journal can recover the data that written to journal but didn't
write to objectstore yet, like outage..

> Thanks for your help
>
> Best regards.

Thank you!