UID reset to root after chgrp on CephFS Ganesha export

Hi,

I have a CephFS filesystem which is re-exported through NFS Ganesha (v2.3.0) with Ceph 10.2.2

The export works fine, but when calling a chgrp on a file the UID is set to root.

Example list of commands:

$ chown www-data:www-data myfile

That works, file is now owned by www-data/www-data

$ chgrp nogroup myfile

That files, the UID is now set to 0 (root) and the group hasn't changed.

I tracked this down to being a Ganesha problem in combination with CephFS. Running these commands on either a kernel mounted CephFS or via FUSE I don't see this problem.

The Ganesha configuration:

NFSv4
{
	IdmapConf = /etc/idmapd.conf;