Re: ONE pg deep-scrub blocks cluster

Hello JC,

in short for the records:

What you can try doing is to change the following settings on all the
OSDs that host this particular PG and see if it makes things better

[osd]
[...]
osd_scrub_chunk_max = 5                                       #
maximum number of chunks the scrub will process in one go. Defaults to
25.
osd_deep_scrub_stride = 1048576                           # Read size
during scrubbing operations. The idea here is to do less chunks but
bigger sequential reads. Defaults to 512KB=524288.
[...]

I have tried this to see if it would help when the object sizes needs to be realy big ^^ - i know this should not and i guess will normaly not be :)

In ceph.conf (all nodes!) i have add

[...]
[osd]
osd_scrub_chunk_max = 5
osd_deep_scrub_stride = 1048576

and restartet

systemctl restart ceph-mon@*
systemctl restart ceph-osd@*

on each osd and mon node.

Then i have done "ceph pg deep-scrub 0.223" again.
But again slow/blocked requests :*(

the running config
root@:~# ceph daemon osd.17 config show | grep scrub
[...]
    "osd_scrub_chunk_min": "5",
    "osd_scrub_chunk_max": "5",
[...]
    "osd_deep_scrub_stride": "1048576",
[...]

root@:~# ceph --show-config | grep scrub
[...]
osd_scrub_chunk_min = 5
osd_scrub_chunk_max = 25
[...]
osd_deep_scrub_stride = 524288
[...]

the last command seems not to be load the actual config - but this is another story.
This was only to keep you informed.

Ah :) i see you wrote me an answear in this minutes ^^. Will response tomorrow - family is waiting ;)