Single-node Ceph & Systemd shutdown

For a home server project I've set up a single-node ceph system.

Everything works just fine; I can mount block devices and store stuff on them, however the system will not shut down without hanging.

I've traced it back to systemd; it shuts down part(s?) of ceph before unmounting or unmapping the block devices, so when it tries to do so it hangs.

Does anyone have any idea how I might fix this?
If this weren't systemd I'm sure I could find a place to kludge it, but I've had no such luck.

Thanks!,
Marcus