Substitute a predicted failure (not yet failed) osd

Hi cephfers

I have a really simple question: the documentation always refers to the procedure to substitute failed disks. Currently I have a predicted failure in a raid 0 osd and I would like to substitute before it fails without having to go by replicating pgs once the osd is removed from crush map, and then, replicating again once I add the new drive.

Can I perform the following actions safely  to achieve my goal?

# ceph osd set noout
# stop the osd
# unmount the osd
# remove it from crush map