Re: rbd-nbd kernel requirements

At this point, we only have automated tests that exercise it against
stock Ubuntu Trusty but that will eventually expand to Xenial once we
get our lab configured for it.  There is one known issue right now
where the kernel can deadlock while starting the test [1] and
mapping/unmapping the device.

Red Hat Enterprise Linux has the nbd driver disabled so we don't test
against those variants. I've personally run it on Fedora 23 and 24
during manual testing without any apparent issues.

[1] http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/16921

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 7:16 PM, Shawn Edwards <lesser.evil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is there a minimum kernel version required for rbd-nbd to work and work
> well?  Before I start stress testing it, I want to be sure I have a system
> that is expected to work.

Jason