Re: Advice on migrating from legacy tunables to Jewel tunables.

Gregory,

I've been given a tip by one of the ceph user list members on tuning values and data migration and cluster IO. I had an issues twice already where my vms would simply loose IO and crash while the cluster is being optimised for the new tunables.

The recommendations were to upgrade the cluster and migrate all of your vms at least once so that the migrated vms are launched using the new version of ceph libraries. Once this is done you should be okay with data movement and your vms should have IO.

Andrei