Re: question about ceph-deploy osd create

Hello,

On Fri, 5 Aug 2016 02:11:31 +0200 Guillaume Comte wrote:

> I am reading half your answer
>
> Do you mean that ceph will create by itself the partitions for the journal?

Yes, "man ceph-disk".

> If so its cool and weird...

It can be very weird indeed.
If sdc is your data (OSD) disk and sdb your journal device then:

"ceph-disk prepare /dev/sdc /dev/sdb1"
will not work, but:

"ceph-disk prepare /dev/sdc /dev/sdb"
will and create a journal partition on sdb.
However you have no control over numbering or positioning this way.

Christian