Re: Bad performance when two fio write to the same image

With exclusive-lock, only a single client can have write access to the
image at a time. Therefore, if you are using multiple fio processes
against the same image, they will be passing the lock back and forth
between each other and you can expect bad performance.

If you have a use-case where you really need to share the same image
between multiple concurrent clients, you will need to disable the
exclusive-lock feature (this can be done with the RBD cli on existing
images or by passing "--image-shared" when creating new images).

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 5:52 AM, Alexandre DERUMIER <aderumier@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think this is because of exclusive-lock feature enabled by default since jessie on rbd image

Jason