Re: 2TB useable - small business - help appreciated

Thanks Wido, David and Christian, much appreciated!

Regarding using SSD for OSD, I don’t want to spend any more so I will
use the 2TB spinning disks, performance is not a huge issue.  Ceph is
overkill but I have the hardware lying around.

It’s a small business, just a few users, no current file server, just
google drive and apple time machine, I wouldn’t say I have any
business critical storage requirements.

It’s going to be slow, what does that mean, it will crawl, saving a
10MB file will take an hour, perhaps the combination of Atom CPU and
spinning disks are a good marriage, 100MB/sec read/write for a large
file would be amazing, half that would be fine, I would only expect 1
user to be reading/writing something big at any one time.

Can’t I use a single DC S3700 for journal and cache tier?

I’m about to decommission a Supermicro c2750 and so I could add that
to the mix, could somebody please help me out with assigning the
hardware and functions, I have a bunch of RAM sticks and could buy a
few more:

Node 1 - c2750(8c),4NIC,8GB,24GB,200GB     - MDS, NFS
Node 2 - c2550(4c),4NIC,8GB,24GB,200GB,2TB - OSD, Standby MDS, NFS
Node 3 - c2550(4c),4NIC,4GB,24GB,200GB,2TB - OSD, MON
Node 4 - c2550(4c),4NIC,4GB,24GB,200GB,2TB - OSD, MON
Node 5 - c2550(4c),4NIC,4GB,24GB,200GB,2TB - OSD, MON

I want to keep my power usage low and happy to do that at the expense
of performance.

With all the info provided is DRBD Pacemaker HA Cluster or even
GlusterFS a better option?

Thanks again.

Richard