Re: 答复: too many PGs per OSD (307 > max 300)

Hello,

On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 03:18:10 +0000 zhu tong wrote:

> The same problem is confusing me recently too, trying to figure out the relationship (an equation would be the best) among number of pools, OSD and PG.

The pgcalc tool and the equation on that page are your best bet/friend.
 http://ceph.com/pgcalc/

> For example, having 10 OSD, 7 pools in one cluster, and osd_pool_default_pg_num = 128, then how many PGs the health status would show?
> I have seen some recommended calc the other way round -- inferring osd_pool_default_pg_num  value by giving a fixed amount of OSD and PGs, but when I try it in the way above mentioned, the two results do not match.

Number of PGs per OSD is your goal.
To use a simpler example, 20 OSDs, 4 pools, all of equal (expected amount
of data) size.
So that's 1024 total PGs (about 150 per OSD),  thus 256 per pool.

Again, see pgcalc.

Christian