Re: OSD / Journal disk failure

Hello,

On Tue, 19 Jul 2016 08:10:27 +0800 Pei Feng Lin wrote:

> Dear Cephers:
>
> I have two questions that needs advice.
>
> 1) If there is a OSD disk failure (for example, pulling disk out), how long
> does the osd daemon detect the disk failure? and how long does the ceph
> cluster mark this osd daemon down?

Can't test this now, but I'm pretty sure nothing will be detected until
the daemon actually has to access the disk.
So in a totally idle, quiescent cluster that could be until the next scrub
or deep-scrub comes along...

As for marking the daemon out, that should be happening quickly, as the
affected daemon is going to kill itself when encountering this scenario.

> Is there any config option to allow the ceph cluster to detect the status
> of osd disk?

Dont't think so.
And in normal situations (access to all OSDs every few seconds or so), not
really needed either.

> 2) If there is a journal disk failure, how long does the ceph cluster
> detect the journal disk failure?
>
> Is there any config option to allow the ceph cluster to detect the status
> of journal disk?

Same as above.

Christian
chibi@xxxxxxx   	Global OnLine Japan/Rakuten Communications