Re: how to use cache tiering with proxy in ceph-10.2.2

How are you measuring this, is this just through micro benchmarks or for something more realistic running over a number of hours?

> This problem occurs only in version 10.x.
> Like you said that the IO was going to the cold storage mostly .  And IO is going slowly.
> what can I do to improve IO performance of cache tiering in version 10.x ?
> How does cache tiering works in version 10.x ?
> is it a bug? Or configure are very different 0.94 version ?
> Too few  information in Official website about this.

There is a number of differences, but should all have a positive effect on real life workloads. It's important to focus more on the word tiering rather than caching. You don't want to be continually shifting large amounts of data to and from the cache, but only the really hot bits.

The main changes between the two versions would be in the inclusion of proxy writes, promotion throttling and recency fixes. All will reduce the amount of data that gets promoted.

But please let me know how you are testing.