Re: Terrible RBD performance with Jewel

Disregard the last msg. Still getting long 0 IOPS periods.

From: ceph-users [mailto:ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Garg, Pankaj
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2016 10:05 AM
To: Somnath Roy; ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Terrible RBD performance with Jewel

Something in this section is causing all the 0 IOPS issue. Have not been able to nail down it yet. (I did comment out the filestore_max_inline_xattr_size entries, and problem still exists).

If I take out the whole [osd] section, I was able to get rid of IOPS staying at 0 for long periods of time. Performance is still not where I would expect.

[osd]

osd_enable_op_tracker = false

osd_op_num_shards = 2

filestore_wbthrottle_enable = false

filestore_max_sync_interval = 1

filestore_odsync_write = true

#filestore_max_inline_xattr_size = 254

#filestore_max_inline_xattrs = 6

filestore_queue_committing_max_bytes = 1048576000

filestore_queue_committing_max_ops = 5000

filestore_queue_max_bytes = 1048576000

filestore_queue_max_ops = 500

journal_max_write_bytes = 1048576000

journal_max_write_entries = 1000