Re: osd inside LXC

Hi,

Just wonder why you want each OSD inside separate LXC container? Just to pin them to specific cpus?

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 6:33 AM, Guillaume Comte <guillaume.comte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I am currently defining a storage architecture based on ceph, and i wish to know if i don't misunderstood some stuffs.

So, i plan to deploy for each HDD of each servers as much as OSD as free harddrive, each OSD will be inside a LXC container.

Then, i wish to turn the server itself as a rbd client for objects created in the pools, i wish also to have a SSD to activate caching (and also store osd logs as well)

The idea behind is to create CRUSH rules which will maintain a set of object within a couple of servers connected to the same pair of switch in order to have the best proximity between where i store the object and where i use them (i don't bother having a very high insurance to not loose data if my whole rack powerdown)

Am i already on the wrong track ? Is there a way to guaranty proximity of data with ceph whitout making twisted configuration as i am ready to do ?

Thks in advance,

Regards
--
Guillaume Comte