Fwd: Re: (no subject)

Sorry, should have posted this to the list.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 08:30:49 +0200
From: Kees Meijs <kees@xxxxxxxx>
To: Gaurav Goyal <er.gauravgoyal@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Gaurav,

It might seem a little far fetched, but I'd use the qemu-img(1) tool to
convert the qcow2 image file to a Ceph backed volume.

First of all, create a volume of appropriate size in Cinder. The volume
will be sparse. Then, figure out the identifier and use rados(8) to find
the exact name of the volume in Ceph.

Finally, use qemu-img(1) and point to the volume you just found out about.

Cheers,
Kees