Re: (no subject)

Hi Gaurav,

The following snippets should suffice (for Cinder, at least):
[DEFAULT]
enabled_backends=rbd

[rbd]
volume_driver = cinder.volume.drivers.rbd.RBDDriver
rbd_pool = cinder-volumes
rbd_ceph_conf = /etc/ceph/ceph.conf
rbd_flatten_volume_from_snapshot = false
rbd_max_clone_depth = 5
rbd_store_chunk_size = 4
rados_connect_timeout = -1
rbd_user = cinder
rbd_secret = REDACTED

backup_driver = cinder.backup.drivers.ceph
backup_ceph_conf = /etc/ceph/ceph.conf
backup_ceph_user = cinder-backup
backup_ceph_chunk_size = 134217728
backup_ceph_pool = backups
backup_ceph_stripe_unit = 0
backup_ceph_stripe_count = 0
restore_discard_excess_bytes = true

Obviously you'd alter the directives according to your configuration and/or wishes.

And no, creating RBD volumes by hand is not needed. Cinder will do this for you.

K.