Re: Ceph cluster upgrade

Hi,

> Is this the way to go? I would like as little performance degradation
while rebalancing as possible.

Please advice if I need to take in account certain preparations.

Set these in your ceph.conf beforehand:

osd recovery op priority = 1
osd max backfills        = 1

I would allso suggest creating a new crush rule, instead of modifying your existing one.

This enables you to change the rule on a per pool basis:

ceph osd pool set <poolname> crush_rulenum <number>

Then start with your smallest pool, and see how it goes.

Micha Krause