Antw: Re: Running ceph in docker

>>> Josef Johansson <josef86@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb am Donnerstag, 30. Juni 2016 um
15:23:
> Hi,

> You could actually managed every osd and mon and mds through docker swarm,
> since all just software it make sense to deploy it through docker where you
> add the disk that is needed.
>
> Mons does not need permanent storage either. Not that a restart of the
> docker instance would remove the but rather that a remove would.
>
> Updates are easy as well, download the latest docker image and rebuild the
> OSD/MON.

And what about the data? Rebuilding an OSD's means dropping it from the cluster,
doesn't it?

Or do you change only the binaries and restart the new docker image on the same
osd device?

Otherwise it's a build up and tear down of cluster components. That's what most ceph
admins try to avoid to keep the cluster performance stable.

> All in all I believe you give the sysop exactly one control plane to handle
> all of the environment.
>
> Regards,
> Josef

Regards

Steffen

> On Thu, 30 Jun 2016, 15:16 xiaoxi chen, <superdebugger@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> It make sense to me to run MDS inside docker or k8s as MDS is stateless.
>> But Mon and OSD do have data in local , what's the motivation to run it in
>> docker?
>>
>> > To: ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> > From: dang@xxxxxxxxxx
>> > Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 08:36:45 -0400
>> > Subject: Re:  Running ceph in docker

>> engine,

>> on

>> Has

>> > It's actually quite common to run multiple OSDs on the same physical
>> > node, since an OSD currently maps to a single block device. Depending
>> > on your load and traffic, it's usually a good idea to run monitors and
>> > RGWs on separate nodes.
>> >
>> > Daniel

Klinik-Service Neubrandenburg GmbH
Allendestr. 30, 17036 Neubrandenburg