Re: RADOSGW buckets via NFS?

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 9:07 PM, Sean Redmond <sean.redmond1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed in the jewel release notes:
>
> "You can now access radosgw buckets via NFS (experimental)."
>
> Are there any docs that explain the configuration of NFS to access RADOSGW
> buckets?

Here's what I found.

http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph/wiki/RGW_-_NFS
https://github.com/nfs-ganesha/nfs-ganesha/tree/next/src/FSAL/FSAL_RGW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWURdwudAUI

It looks like the information in the video and docs about s3fs-fuse is
no longer relevant.

The file src/test/librgw_file_nfsns.cc in the source tree gives a
little insight.

It looks to me as though the NFS-Ganesha FSAL mounts a bucket using
LibRGW and leverages this library to perform needed operations.

Configuration would involve setting up the FSAL to *point* to the
relevant bucket correctly.
It's very likely the generic Ganesha docs can help here but I have no
experience with that
I'm afraid.

I can't find much more info at this time, which doesn't mean it doesn't exist :)

HTH,
Brad

> Thanks

Cheers,