Re: Hammer: PGs stuck creating

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 11:34 PM, Brian Felton <bjfelton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sure.  Here's a complete query dump of one of the 30 pgs:
> http://pastebin.com/NFSYTbUP

Looking at that something immediately stands out.

There are a lot of entries in "past intervals" like so.

"past_intervals": [
     {
         "first": 18522,
         "last": 18523,
         "maybe_went_rw": 1,
         "up": [
             2147483647,
"acting": [
    2147483647,
    2147483647,
    2147483647,
    2147483647
],
"primary": -1,
"up_primary": -1

That value is defined in src/crush/crush.h like so;

#define CRUSH_ITEM_NONE   0x7fffffff  /* no result */

So it looks like this could be to do with a bad crush rule (or at least a
previously un-satisfiable rule).

Could you share the output from the following?

$ ceph osd crush rule ls

For each rule listed by the above command.

$ ceph osd crush rule dump [rule_name]

I'd then dump out the crushmap and test it showing any bad mappings with the
commands listed here;

http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/troubleshooting/troubleshooting-pg/#crush-gives-up-too-soon

That should hopefully give some insight.

HTH,
Brad

--
Cheers,