Re: Pinpointing performance bottleneck / would SSD journals help?

You need to run iostat on the OSD nodes themselves and see what the disks
are doing. You stated that they are doing ~180iops per disk, which suggests
they are highly saturated and likely to be the cause of the problem. I'm
guessing you will also see really high queue depths per disk, which normally
is the cause of high latency.

If you add SSD journals and a large amount of your IO is writes, then you
may see an improvement. But you may also be at the point where you just need
more disks to be able to provide the required performance.